bizzl3

Drones - anyone have one?

So tempted to pick up the new Mavic pro from DJI. Super compact and gives you the ability to get some awesome footage that you wouldnt be able to otherwise. Pricey at 1k mind lol

MrIbra and DivXion like this

7 minutes ago, Ruyi said:

the problem is in the UK, like the majority of London is a no-fly zone :( so wouldn't even be able to use it :( 

Urbanites - 0 

Country Bumpkins - 1 :P

Pretty sure we arent under any such restrictions oop north? ..Besides its only illegal if they catch you :P You should watch some videos on the range that thing has, its craaaazy

Devajufan, 56kManeuver and MoJo like this

I must admit I've been looking at that DJI with interest too.

I've messed around with small drones and rc choppers for ages but I love some of the new features that come with the DJI drones.

32 minutes ago, orq said:

LOL half of your dirty little island is no fly zone for civilian drones.

a lot of it is ye... and where I live it's "Controlled Airspace, Aerodromes and Airports" + "Restricted Areas" + "Military Aerodrome Traffic Zones"... fml

31 minutes ago, El Cockardo said:

I must admit I've been looking at that DJI with interest too.

I've messed around with small drones and rc choppers for ages but I love some of the new features that come with the DJI drones.

I think its the first one that has sort of bridged the gap and made it possible to capture close to professional quality video without having to invest a ton of time into mastering the mechanics of flight nor the money you would have to invest in professional grade equipment. Ill almost certainly be getting one, just a case of when really.

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Thought the new Go Pro Karma looks comparable to the Mavic...

Yes i believe this is the product the mavic is in direct competition with. Word of warning though, ive read somewhere that the Karma doesnt come with the camera as part of the kit!!?

On 2016-11-06 at 15:06, Elbanco Rodriguez said:

How come this hasn't been in thread yet...

Like the fact that it was taken out with a simple balloon... :D