Teer

New Gaming Rig - Need Advice

28 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, bizzl3 said:

Yes mate, PM me an address and ill get it sent upto you. I hope you have a BIG desk. lol

With regard to CPU sockets, they evolve relative to breakthroughs in CPU technology. Say you get a brand new CPU and socket introduced to the market. Over the course of the sockets lifetime they will release a couple of upgraded CPUS to fit that same socket. After they have milked everyone for a ton of money :P they will upgrade the socket and the cycle starts all over again.  So what i guess im trying to say is that you cant buy a board today and hope that a CPU released 5  years from now will fit. Your components have to all be compatible with tech from the same "era" for lack of a better word lol.

With regard to the other slots, they do evolve but not nearly half as fast, so your DVD drive and hard drives will be fine. As for ram, DDR4 is pretty well established now, but seeing as youre going to be doing a budget build, then youre going to be looking at a DDR3 board and ram. 

As a first time builder, id strongly suggest getting a bundle. If you still decide you want to get stuff individually then definitely run your ideas past people here first as its very easy to buy stuff thats not compatible....

Not that ive done that......at all....ever...............:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Allright thanks mate, I will pm the address to you. As for the socket changes I was just wondering how quickly they change. I realise That in a few years they would be out-dated, just wondering what the time frame would be for upgrading if I wanted to. Anyway yeah I think it will be better to start with a bundle. I don't need much really, just to be able to play the games I have now with good stability (something of an issue recently ;p especially with BF4). I will eventually go for a custom build from scratch but that will be when I have some money to spend. Right now I just want something better than I have now, that won't leave me eating gravel for the next few months ;p

Hey peeps,reviving the topic ;p I whipped up a build but it's let's call it an alpha. I need opinions and maybe some tweaking. As much as possible I'd prefer the price to stay the same ;p

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-tech-labs-skylake-z170-midi-tower-gaming-pc-configurator-fs-007-tl.html#p=qOs?/.qOtU0$qOAzW1qOHu83qOLu84qOMu85qOOu87qPc?W#qPe1(2ZAreV(8BaaW78BEKX(,EFK15'YEFL15$~FTR189(Ihs1,Y#Iht1,Z/IhH1+3#IhN1+64IsF1*,?Jec1)U5Jed1)U$JmI1($vJGL1'(:LiS1~69

looking forward to some opinions.

Cheers

Ps. the processor should be the i7. I saved the worng build ;p

Edited by Teer