MoJo

Battlefield 1 Classes and more

Not sure if already posted.

"In the five minutes of extra gameplay those of us at home didn’t get to experience, changes to class roles in Battlefield 1 were touched upon. Players will now choose between Assault, Medic, Scout and Support. Players will notice the lack of an Engineer class and Assault and Medic have been split up into two separate classes."

"As parts of a plane are blown off, it will affect handling. This adds another layer to destruction in the game, making it more personal for the player causing the damage."

More here.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/07/battlefield-1-heres-five-things-you-need-to-know/

Edited by MoJo
Sky and Gravetongue like this

Those class changes will have huge impact.

Finally the magical assault class who can also self heal is gone 

I'll put a lot of money on the fact that the assault class will have best weapons and the medic class who can heal will have the ww1 equivalent of a sub machine gun compare to the ww1 equivalent of an assault rifle for the assault class.  I welcome this.

Isn't this class system how bc2 was? (I never played it)

51 minutes ago, III-Method-III said:

I'll put a lot of money on the fact that the assault class will have best weapons and the medic class who can heal will have the ww1 equivalent of a sub machine gun compare to the ww1 equivalent of an assault rifle for the assault class.  I welcome this.

I missed on a lot..... in BC2 medic had an LMG and assault had ammo and a grenade launcher

1 hour ago, kirikou97212 said:

Also there is a separate class for vehicles. 
No more taking planes for a taxi ride to a roof :D

But how is that going to work?

Let's call them "Driver" class.

If only they can drive vehicles, fine.  Its stops vehicle as taxi abuse.

It will also probably stop people stealing your vehicle whilst repairing it (assuming driver can rep a vehicle)

But do they get to fire the weapons in that vehicle so they can get kills and points? Can they cap a flag in a vehicle? If they don't or can't then noone will play the class.  It's rare for an individual to be happy just driving their friends around for no gain of points/score/kills for a whole game. 

Will the driver class have guns

Just thinking out loud.  

1 hour ago, III-Method-III said:

When i played early BF versions, in squads we used different classes, i mean 1 engi + 1 medic  etc, but from BF3 i see that squads are barely same classes, with camping snipers squad and some assault squads

I think it's better when squads are varied

9 minutes ago, III-Method-III said:

But how is that going to work?

Let's call them "Driver" class.

If only they can drive vehicles, fine.  Its stops vehicle as taxi abuse.

It will also probably stop people stealing your vehicle whilst repairing it (assuming driver can rep a vehicle)

But do they get to fire the weapons in that vehicle so they can get kills and points? Can they cap a flag in a vehicle? If they don't or can't then noone will play the class.  It's rare for an individual to be happy just driving their friends around for no gain of points/score/kills for a whole game. 

Will the driver class have guns

Just thinking out loud.  

I think the main difference with previous installments  is that once they will get out of the vehicle they will have limited firepower (just a pistol for example).

I think the loadout will be applied when you decide to spawn in a vehicle (just as when you get in a jet you have a pilot attire in BF4) 

I hope that the classes will be better balanced, and more dependent on eachother. That way, we get to see all classes in a team or a squad. In BF4, you have to wait 15 minutes to get re-supplied because nobody plays support.

4 hours ago, PzN-the-damaja said:

I hope that the classes will be better balanced, and more dependent on eachother. That way, we get to see all classes in a team or a squad. In BF4, you have to wait 15 minutes to get re-supplied because nobody plays support.

I supplied you with steady stream of ammo in bigwar. One at a time like you like it.