III-Method-III

Dumbass bad habits you have...

77 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Kiyam said:

I was wondering about this... I mean I don't flush and stare into the toilet to see if it will finish flushing or not and then leave..................

For those confused:

If I wait until I have stopped, it takes like 1.5 seconds to press the button on the toilet.  I can save those 1.5 seconds by doing it during the pee. 

I said it wasn't a great time saving, which is why it is such an annoying thing to continually do.  I reach and press almost absentmindedly now.

Devajufan likes this

22 minutes ago, III-Method-III said:

For those confused:

If I wait until I have stopped, it takes like 1.5 seconds to press the button on the toilet.  I can save those 1.5 seconds by doing it during the pee. 

I said it wasn't a great time saving, which is why it is such an annoying thing to continually do.  I reach and press almost absentmindedly now.

I love the way your degree of accuracy is to .5 seconds ;) 

Devajufan likes this

I can't just "read" a book, I study them.

Circle the unknown words (Especially when I read a book written by a British author. You guys know a lot of fucking words), look up the dictionary, pick up my own vocabulary notebook, write down these words. This is just the language part.

Then the topic related parts jump in. Highlight or underline the intriguing areas, research, read, take notes, write down the page number so you remember. Especially that research part kills all the pace. I was reading "The Blind Watchmaker" by Richard Dawkins. In one part, he talks about bats and how they developed the sonar vision and how they use it. It got my attention so I started my research.

At 5pm I started reading about sonar vision, at 9pm gave up when I reached quantum fluctuations. (Curious about the connection? Start from doppler effect, red shift, general relativity, quantum, Heisenberg, uncertainty principle, quantum fluctuations.)

And It's not just when I read science If I read anything that is not fiction I can't just turn the page until I'm %100 clear about what is written.  It is painful since because of my obsession it takes too long to finish the fucking book.

PS: What is more painful is to forget all of these after a couple of months.

Edited by Okabyte

1 hour ago, III-Method-III said:

For those confused:

I do the same kind of things. In the kitchen boiling water for tea, toasting bread, picking stuff in and out of the fridge, buttering the bread, and making the tea that includes the time for the tea to soak(?) all well orchestrated so no time is wasted. Then I tend to do things at work in the same manner. 

I do also have an aversion in leaving stuff half done to finish the day after, which lead me to staying quite late just to be done with it. But there is always more to do so there is no rest for the stubborn...

kirikou97212 likes this

Just now, El Edwina said:

Really?

I thought this was the most stressful thing:

BxZYADQIYAAoZlF.jpg

Are you trying to make me have some kind of breakdown?

7 hours ago, El Edwina said:

Really?

I thought this was the most stressful thing:

BxZYADQIYAAoZlF.jpg

"El" in your nickname is a shortcut for "Evil", isn't it?

El Edwina likes this

Dont know if it would classed as a bad habit, but I'd say I'm not organized at all.

Ok we going out to shoot some photo's, Oh, I guess I better get all my gear together, wheres my filters wheres my......oh fuck I forgot my pants.

I dont like to much planning I prefer spontaneous, I don't need any "notice" for pretty much anything, I'll just up and go, however watch me cook breakfast can be entertaining.

My wife does say though that I'm fastidious.

Devajufan and FloofersFox like this

16 hours ago, III-Method-III said:

The rush flush

I play bf4 until going for a piss is bordering on a medical emergency.  When the game finishes, I now need to do my piss in about 45 seconds before the next game starts. This includes  travel time either end leaving me about 35 seconds.

What about washing your hands :o

About my habits:
Everything of my stuff has is own spot.
If I'm at my desk I don't have to look to see where my phone, cigarettes, lighter is etc.
Same thing everywhere but then I have Shane who doesn't care at all and take things and put them on another spot and then I'm getting confused and if it happens too much in a short timelaps it irritates me.
When watching a movie I always have to spend 30" before finding the lighter, sometimes it just vanished god know where grrrr.

Those are just examples but like said everything has his specific spot.

Devajufan likes this