El Edwina

WORLD WAR BABY
[Poll] Will you be getting Battlefield 1?

Battlefield 1 Interest   53 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be getting Battlefield 1?

• Yes! Just call me the Baron...
    • No... I mean, horses? WTF m8?!
  2. 2. If yes, when will you be getting it?

• I'm already dribbling sex juices after the awesome reveal... PRE ORDER!
    • I've had a hard life and I like to play it safe... After release.
    • I mean, fucking seriously... Horses? I told you already, I'm NOT getting it!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
31 posts in this topic

Im not sure. I cant say the idea of WW1 really appeals to me, but that being said ive never played anything from that sort of era so its very possible that i may well end up loving it. I imagine ill get it on release and either A) never stop playing it B) never play it again and cry that i just wasted £40/50/60

I think the biggest concern for me is choices of weapons, but this is probably one of the first things that came up when they were working on the game. Who knows

If i do though, the first thing ill be doing is trying to attach C4 (or whatever explosives used at the time)  to a horse :P 

Edited by bizzl3

4 minutes ago, bizzl3 said:

If i do though, the first thing ill be doing is trying to attach C4 (or whatever explosives used at the time)  to a horse :P 

Dynamite. I'd pay to see that. xD 

Devajufan and Space Chimp like this

56 minutes ago, bizzl3 said:

ive never played anything from that sort of era

It's an awesome era for FPS. Low tech weaponry, lot's of variety, and the backdrops for the maps should be pretty epic. The most fun I have ever had in FPS has been in WWII settings (Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Call of Duty (he original, not the IW failtrain of the past few years), Battlefield 1942). A WWI setting, done right, should be amazing fun.

:rock_on:

FloofersFox and N80wl like this

I'm definitely not going to pre-order it. I've made a decision that I'll probably never pre-order anything again, ever...  Kinda hoping the price wont be insane for ever... I need to up my PC a bit more before buying newer games to be honest :D 

But other than that, I'm still really pleasantly surprised Dice even listened to their playerbase any and went back in time, While WWII could have been a great choice too, I feel like If they're going back to WWI. They really HAVE to work on the game a lot to give it the right feel. Maybe they actually learned from the past few games, that If they keep messing up, people just wont play/buy their products as much. It's a miracle if that happened, but there you go. 

The only other game I really know of going back to WWI, and working on it in depth, being popular and all that, is Verdun. So I'm highly hopeful for this and I actually kinda think they'll manage to pull it off. :) 

Edited by FloofersFox
MetricMCG and Sanslik like this

I still need to know the hardware specs, if I don't need to upgrade and it looks/plays half decent, then I probably will.

@bizzl3 Surely you just ram the Dynamite up it's arse, that way the enemy cant see it, apart from the  fuse maybe.

4 hours ago, El Edwina said:

Low tech weaponry

I believe it's good to take away all tech that helps the aim, for the gameplay sake.

43 minutes ago, Sanslik said:

I better be able to T-bag with my horse or i'll be pissed!! 

I whink you get a kill with that.

gZEjBfq.jpg

Sanslik likes this

1 minute ago, MoJo said:

Looks like a hippie horse, but a strong hippie horse...

I would have preferred a WW2 setting but this could be promising, I'll wait and see how it looks after it's been launched and what the pricing is on it. I'll almost definitely be buying it though unless it really disappoints me quite badly, here's to hoping that the vanilla game feels complete. 

After I saw the release video, I almost pre-ordered it. :(

I want to buy it, I am very hyped about this game but I will have to wait to see if I meet the requirements before I spend any money.

I will totally pay money just to have somebody call me Horsenoob. It might be my next big goal in life. :D

MoJo and Sky like this

Don't want to be a buzzkill but please don't pre-order the game. All we've seen is a cinematic trailer, we don't know how the launch will be. Keep your hypemeter way down so you won't be disappointed and wait for some post-release reviews

Devajufan likes this

On 07/05/2016 at 19:26, MoJo said:

gZEjBfq.jpg

So long as you can't teabag from a horse...that would be brutal.

Poor horses !!!11

Tbh the question of weapon variety in this game is very very questionable :D They fcking used all the same guns during WW1, they are even the same by the exterior ! What this game can provide to attract ?

They could have released new battlefield with more... MOAR TANKS !!! TANKS!! my precious...

How can someone stay indifferent to this beauty ?

Challenger2-Iraq.jpg

Or this ?

merkava-08big.jpg

:rock_on::rock_on:

Anyways. So much could be done to improve an existing base... But nah, horses will bring success

It will bring an all new meaning to Rush, imagine a Cavalry charge in Rush mode, or over the top from the trenches.

2 minutes ago, MoJo said:

It will bring an all new meaning to Rush, imagine a Cavalry charge in Rush mode, or over the top from the trenches.

Is a cavalry announced ? I assume horses will spawn as quadbikes in bf4. Only few will be available at one time